There are a wide range in quality levels and maintenance requirements in wood siding. 3 Generations Improvements is a full service siding contractor and we have installed all types of wood siding. Below, please find information about LP SmartSide Engineered wood siding, Boral Siding products, CedarValley Shingles along with raw wood options.
- Manufactured wood products, such as LP SmartSide (watch videos & read info below)
- Mike Krukow Chooses LP SmartSide Siding!
- LP SmartSide vs. Fiber Cement
- LP SmartSide vs. Fiber Cement Baseball Test
- The Science Behind LP SmartSide
- How is LP made
- How is LP Tested
- 3 Generations Improvements is a Master Member with LP – their highest designation! See blog post about 3G’s experience with LP. Or visit this blog to find differences between LP & James Hardie fiber cement.
At the core of every LP® SmartSide® product is an innovative manufacturing process that combines sound engineering and advanced materials to produce engineered wood that can resist the worst elements known to man. We call it the SmartGuard® process, and it’s only available with SmartSide products.
Every LP SmartSide product is treated to the core with an advanced formula of binders, waxes and zinc borate before being bonded with a water-resistant, resin-saturated overlay. This process helps to keep out moisture for long-term durability and strength against harsh weather. Only SmartGuard offers four components of protection against termites and fungal decay.
- Waxes. Special water-resistant waxes coat each strand or fiber of wood for enhanced durability in rainy, humid environments.
- Advanced binders. LP SmartSide Trim and Siding has incredible strength to resist impact damage thanks to industrial-grade binders and resins. You
- ’ll have the confidence of knowing that your siding can stand up to everyday airborne debris such as hail, sticks and golf balls.
- Zinc borate. Engineered wood products treated with zinc borate have been proven to effectively resist damage from termites and fungal decay for decades. Safe for children and pets, this naturally occurring additive provides long-lasting performance that preserves the beauty of LP SmartSide Trim and Siding.
- Resin-saturated overlay. Offering the final layer of protection against the elements, a resin-saturated overlay resists moisture intrusion while providing a durable base for quality paint adhesion and beauty.
Climate Tested to the Extreme
We have long put the durability of SmartSide products to the test by subjecting them to the intense moisture and thriving termite colonies of Hilo, Hawaii. It’s a harsh jungle environment with high humidity and 170 inches of rainfall annually – the ideal conditions for fungal decay. Even after many years of exposure, LP SmartSide pro
- Pressure Treated, Finger Jointed BodyGuard Siding & Trim
- FSC Certified & Responsible Forrest Management
- Classic, historical and beautiful designs (see some of the designs below)
- Composite Boral TruExterior Siding & Trim
- Classic wood cedar or redwood siding
- Wood shingle or shake siding
- Vertical siding – LP – T1-11 not recommended